The Healthy Farms Healthy People Coalition hosted a web forum on Thursday August 2, exploring the price of food, as it affects health of consumers and the economic viability of farmers. We had a great panel of agriculture economists and leaders working to increase demand for and supply of fruits and vegetables including:
- Andrea Carlson, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Chad Hellwinckel, University of Tennessee
- Jennifer Obadia, Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness & Tufts University
- Michael O’Gorman, Farmer Veteran Coalition
- Paula Daniels, Los Angeles Mayor’s Office & LA Food Policy Council
The forum was organized by Coalition Steering Committee member ChangeLab Solutions and moderated by Christine Fry.
This forum was part of a series of Healthy Farms Healthy People educational web forums bringing together Coalition members and partners for a cross-sectoral analysis of issues at the intersection of agriculture and public health. Stay tuned for details on our next forum.